Mail Merge Application not working Proprly for Arabic information

viraj

Hi all,

I had customised Mail Merge application so that i can pass additional information to word document through data structure. Application work as follows,
1) Employee master Form.
2) Select the employee for whom u want to print specific letter (Format for the letter is already created through P980014)
3) Press Row Exit "Generate Letter", will leads to another form where additional information if required can be added.
4) Once i enter additional information and hit OK, it merge all Data Structure values to the Preformatted letter.

Now upto this is working fine.
Now the problem is when I enter arabic text as its the requirement, I am getting jumbled out put and arabic information is coming in some garbage characters.

I think this suppose to do with MS Word file setup. But really dont know what to do. Please help.

Thanks & Regards,
Viraj Save,
Sr. Technical Consultant,
JDE Oneworld (Service Pack 23)

Hi all,

Is there anyone having idea abt this problem. Please reply.

Adding to this issue, we found that it was due to concatenation of strings in arabic fields. But now the problem is its working in PY but not PD. In PD its still giving Junk values for arabic text.

What I observed is, when I open PY generated word doc from specified path it will not display File Conversion window but PD generated word doc asks for the same as attachment Screen 1, then you have to select plain text option, to get merge fields in proper arabic as Screen 2.

Any suggestions...

Thanks & Regards,
Viraj Save,
Sr. Technical Consultant,
JDE Oneworld (Service Pack 23)

Attachments

• 128149-Mail Merge.doc
    239 KB · Views: 102
Back