New Ent Server

FreddyFrancis

FreddyFrancis

Well Known Member
Hi List,

We are planning to migrate our existing Enterprise Sevrer to a new harwarde and new location. WE are on XE SP23, V5R3 with JAS on same AS400 serrver.

as a trial run , we restored the entire PD server (AS400) to the tapes and restored it on to the new machine ( IFS and libraries). THe deployment server was also similarly replicated on a windows machine.

Once done, we were able to run the web server . submit reports, acess applications, update them etc.

However when I try to acess these tables using UTB , it just fails,says table not in datasource.It gives a strange error which states,

the business function ValidateTableinDatasource returned 0.

The name of the servers, domain, IP address etc have not been changed and they were placed in a isolated network for this trial run..

I also tried doing it with many ids , but it was just the same. THe access on iseries on these objects are ok too.

I usually see this happening when the table is not generated , however in this case these tables work fine in the existing setup and somehow is just not working in the restored setup...

I also did bounce the service 2-3 times and did sql packages starting with T* and U*. However the sql pkg UTBROWSE* wasnt deleted.. I have never done it in the existing setup either..

any clue why this could be happening..?? did i miss sumthing

Freddy,

Ah, but those other SQL packages will make a difference. Whenever you restore data like that, you should just forget about using those old SQL packages. The only ones that need to stay are those that start with Q. Everything else should be deleted before you start up again.

Hope this helps.

make sure you delete qzdapkg, this is one sql package that starts with a "Q" that absolutely needs to be deleted. I had the same problem that you describe, after deleting the QZDAPKG, the issue was resolved.

Back