How to select printer tray

cmjohnson

We have a HP LaserJet with 4 trays. The default is tray #3, letter size. We want our mailing labels report to use tray #2, so on our AS/400, I created an outqueue that sends reports to tray #2 by modifying the PCL commands in a Workstation Customizing Object. This outqueue works when I send native AS/400 reports to it. It pulls from tray #2. I then mapped an EnterpriseOne printer to the outqueue. Reports sent to this printer from Submitted Jobs still print from the default tray. For non-postscript printers, how do you specify the tray?

Hi cmjohnson,

Not sure if this is the right way of doing things or even if it's helpful for your situation but here's what we did.

We needed to be able to print to different trays on a printer as well. One tray had normal paper and the other had pre-printed colour paper. The way we were able to send to both trays was to setup different printer names on the network for this physical printer. PRINTER1 was setup on the network to have tray 1 as the default printer. PRINTER2 had the default as tray 2. In JDE we setup these 2 separate printers.

Hope this makes sense and is helpful to you.

Kevin

Back