Scheduler puzzle

CNC_Kid

Hi Folks,

We experienced an "unusual"??? problem with our scheduler a few days ago whereby it appeared to stop scheduling jobs at approx 05:00 in the am did not schedule some jobs before then. Scheduler was reporting as running. As I was putting some jobs to "Hold" status to prevent a re-run the scheduler at 12:40 started launching jobs. I did not attempt to stop and or re-start the scheduler. Anyone experienced any issue similar to this before or got any clues as to what poossibly happened?.

EnterpriseOne 8.0, SP22, W2K SP4, Oracle 9i.

Sean,

It sounds like your scheduler kernal has gone a bit loco. I would try to schedule (no pun intended) a server or at least services restart as soon as possible. If down the road you guys get frustrated with the limitation of the internal scheduler (we did), take a look at Tidal Scheduler from TidalSoftware. We use that application extensively to do some amazing tricks with scheduling that are far beyond what JDE can do.

Gregg Larkin
Praxair North American System Admin
JDE CNC and Security, Websphere, Tidal

Hi Gregg,

Thanks for your input. We actually cycle our JDE services once a week.

- Seán

I may be off base here but we have also seen in the past some strange things going on with the scheduler when the time changes from Daylight Savings to Standard Time and vice-versa. Did the problem start on Sunday morning (November 4, 2007, which happened to be when Daylight Savings Time ended) ?

Seán,

We have had a similar problem in the past where jobs were not being scheduled. Restarting the scheduler and servers did not help. All I did was reset the schedule (form exit on job schedule form - W91300F ) for each job. Once I had done that, the next recurrence was scheduled when the job was run. I do not know why this worked, but it did.

Back