Short Cuts webclient

Oyvind

We are going to upgrade to JDE version 8.11 and now we have problems with the shortcuts (eg. Ctrl + Alt + I). OS in clients are Win2000/Xp, IE60. It's working on some PC's and some not.

Just to eliminate my stupid question first, but are all the users using the left-side Ctrl and Alt keys when they try the shortcuts? Only one set of keys works for the Tools Releases that require the Ctrl+Alt combination ...

[ QUOTE ]
Just to eliminate my stupid question first, but are all the users using the left-side Ctrl and Alt keys when they try the shortcuts? Only one set of keys works for the Tools Releases that require the Ctrl+Alt combination ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious, because we are on 8.12 TR 8.961.1 and some of my users are complaining that they are not able to use the CTRL+ALT commands successfully? They say sometimes it works and sometimes it does not work.

Just to clarify: there were older Tools Releases where only the left side ALT keys were able to activate the shortcut keys. I remember testing this out at a client last year. They were on 8.95.xx.

However, since DisableRightAltKey was added as a flag, this should no longer be the case. In the [OWWEB] section of your JAS.INI there should be the setting:

DisableRightAltKey=FALSE

If this is set to TRUE, then only the left side ALT key will work. This was done for compatibility with certain language implementations. Check your JAS.INI to be certain what yours is set to.

Reference solution ID 201039163.

Back