Upgrading our tools release to the latest. Do we have to delete all custom grids

FNorelli

FNorelli

Well Known Member
With previous tools release upgrades one of the steps that needed to be budgeted for was deleting all custom grids, then recreating them on the new tools release. This is no small endeavor. I read the net change guide for 8.96.21 which claims one of the features of the tools release is Custom Grid Format Improvements. Does this include functionality that will allow us to keep our custom grids upon upgrading to the new tools release?

I recall that this was an issue in XE SP19 and SP20 days, but I haven't noticed it to be a problem in 8.95 and 8.96. I have upgraded a few clients from 8.95 to 8.96, and they didn't have to do anything with their grid format overrides.

These guys were on AS/400 and SQL Server back ends.

[ QUOTE ]
With previous tools release upgrades one of the steps that needed to be budgeted for was deleting all custom grids, then recreating them on the new tools release. This is no small endeavor. I read the net change guide for 8.96.21 which claims one of the features of the tools release is Custom Grid Format Improvements. Does this include functionality that will allow us to keep our custom grids upon upgrading to the new tools release?

[/ QUOTE ]

Deleting user overrides was a one-time thing having to do with the change from Binary BLOB to XML BLOB after SP18 or so. Unless you are going from pre-SP19 to a post-SP19 I can think of no reason to continually delete the grids.

Back