Error connecting from E-Generator to Oracle db

DSauve

DSauve

Legendary Poster
I get the following error in my jas.log file when I try to click the "Connect" button from my E-Generator.

05 Nov 2007 10:04:53,629 [SEVERE] - [JDBJ] com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] Database Connection failed for DataSource System - B9. java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver

We're on Oracle database 9.2.0.4, OAS 10gR2, and WinXP clients. Servers are Win2003. E1 version is 8.9, and I've just downloaded Tools Release 8.96.2.1, which I suspect may be the culprit.

Any ideas on what might be causing this? It was working fine under tools release 8.96.1.0.

Check your data source System - B9. If running Wintel machines, then check the ODBC setup.

Do you have a suitable classes12.jar file, and is it in the expected location?

Considering it's an Oracle back end, I don't think there's ODBC being used anywhere along the way ...

Kenneth,

I agree that ODBC is not the issue here. Yes, I believe I have the correct classes12.jar file in the C:\B9\system\OC4J\jdbc\lib location on my e-generator machine. I'm not as sure about what is the "expected location", but that location was working correctly under tools release 8.96.1.0. Thank you.

Yeah, that directory is the expected location. I'm also assuming you can log into the fat client OK. I guess the other obvious thing to ask would be if your tnsnames.ora file was OK?

I took the tnsnames.ora from an e-generator PC still running on tools release 8.96.1.0, and used it on the 8.96.2.1 e-generator PC, but it made no difference. I didn't think it would, but figured I'd try it anyways. It's looking more and more to me like a tools release issue.

By the way, I CAN log into the fat client just fine.

Good news!

I ran a utility called Filemon.exe, which shows open files, and then ran the e-Generator, and then examined the log file for file open attempts. I found that it was trying to open the classes12.jar file in the C:\B9\system\OC4J\j2ee\home\applib directory. So I copied the classes12.jar file into that directory, ran the e-Generator again, and it is now working.

That is probably because you had not updated your generation batch file correctly, specifically this section:-

: (5) The application directory for the JDBC drivers and broker .jars
set O_JDBC_APPLIB=

You may want to review the rest of the batch fle to ensure that all parameters are pointing to the correct files / locations.

Back