Tidal Install with E1

snowman

snowman

We are installing a new version at Tidal (to 5.3) since the currently installed version (2.5.3) is no longer supported. We will be performing the install from scratch, so it can run in paralell with version 2.5.3, during the testing period.

I sent a request to Tidal support, asking them for documentation on configuring the connection from Tidal to JDE, in order to have the scheduler do its part. They answered with some absurd line:

"The JDE solution connector is actually a custom solution that would have been installed and configured by TIDAL Consulting specifically for the environment where it is currently running. Unfortunately there is not generic documentation that I can send you."

Which I am having a really hard time believing. Do any of you have any documentation that I could use. To assist with this portion of the install?

Thanks

Greg

Greg,

That's a hunka baloney. The JDE connector is one tiny little file which suppliments the Tidal agent. Take a look at your exisiting JDE Tidal agent. Use that as a template for your new parallel agent. You will need a fat client, a current package, the tidal windows agent, and in a seperate folder under the Tidal directory, the JDE connector. That's it. You'll also need to copy over the environment files and modify them as needed to support your test instance.

Gregg

Back