Error: No Memory

Dan W

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem that i am having with one of my users.
confused.gif
The user is copying and pasting information to and from Excel spreadsheets, which will work for so long until he is faced with an error stating that there is no memory. I have attached a copy of the screen dumps which the user has sent to me when this happens, i have never seen this error before and i was hoping that it may have been just a one off, but it has been happening everyday for over a week now. The problem normally happens toward the endoof the day so it i a long winded task to replicate the issue for myself. The system that we are using is JDEdwards OneWorld XE with an AS400 Backend, and the users connect using Citrix clients as opposed to Fat clients. I would appreciate if anyone could help with this problem

Attachments

• 126405-Memory loss 2nd 25_10_07.doc
    190 KB · Views: 99
I would say probably a slow memory leak. By the end of the day memory is gone on the fat client. Search on Solutions on the Oracle website for that application to see if there is a fix.

When this happens to you user on that Citrix Server, do any of your other Citrix users experience any issues? When he is using Excel is he using excel on his local machine and then copying it to the Citrix interface or is he using Excel on the Citrix Server? You can try publishing Excel on that server for just this user and then force his Citrix session to only go to that server and see if that helps the issue. It could be a caching issues or a memory leak on the Citrix server.

The user is copying information from JDE on a citrix server and then pasting it in to excel on his local machine. Does anyone know if there session memory limits on citrix servers? I hav tried to replicate this issue on my own machine (fat client) but couldn't replicate the problem. This leads me to thinking that the servers may be at fault

Dan,

Do you have excel loaded on the terminal server? That would work better. There is only a finite amount of data that can be copied to and from a Citrix server. It has nothing to do with Excel or JDE, just a short comming in Citrix. On my terminal servers, we have excel loaded on the servers. Users do their export, and then save the excel file to a network location that is accessible by their local machine.

Gregg

Back