No JDV812 option with HTML on WEBDEV Client

nrferrie

This must be something stupid I missed during setup. If you have any ideas please let me know.

I'm logged into the Web Dev Client in DV812. When I click Tools|EnterpriseOne Menu, I'm prompted to choose the environment and roll, but DV is not an option. It only shows JPY812 and PY812.

If I log into PY812 and try the same thing there is no problem.

Thanks in advance.

The web development configuration has a specific set of JDE.INI, JAS.INI, and JDBC.INI files which point to the PY environment.

What I have done previously is create a set of batch files, with corresponding copies of the INI files, so that when I want to do web development with DV, the DV set of INI files get copied to be the running versions, and then start activeconsole.exe. When I use the PY batch file, the PY set of INI files get copied etc.

For example:
1) Call DV.BAT
2) DV.BAT copies jas.ini.dv to jas.ini in the appropriate directory (the directory is different depending on whether you are using OC4J or WebSphere Express).
3) DV.BAT copies the jdbc.ini.dv to jdbc.ini in the appropriate directory.
4) DV.BAT copies JDE.INI.DV to JDE.INI in C:\WINDOWS
5) DV.BAT runs activeconsole.exe

Hope this helps.

Thanks KLWong. I was hoping there was a solution to have multiple environments without swapping out the INI files.

I suppose you could try doing Snapshot, but I think it amounts to the same thing, swapping out INI files.

Back