AS/400 print out not aligned properly on HP printer

Mali

Hi Every one,

We use World and recently one of the printers that is being used here started printing off to left side.
We restarted the writer & restarted the printer too.
We printed on another printer & things print fine there.

Nothing changed from the A/S 400 or World side and the printer has been used for a long time...

Any suggestions...

Thanks in Advance !

Mali

Hi Mali,
I don't have your solution but was curious--did you lose your left margin?
Long ago I had to call IBM for some kind of hardware support and was told to troubleshoot first.
So, did you try physically swapping the printers?
Did you check the HP printer settings? (I don't mean the AS/400 settings.)
On one of our older HP printers some reports don't always print nicely because the spooled file that last printed sent some kind of command string that didn't reset afterward.
Good luck,
Debbie

Hi Deb,

From trouble shooting so far, that could be the likely cause for it. It is not the AS/400 it is the printer that was what we found out.

When that happened to you how did you "clean' the printer? We tried turning off & on the printer that didn't help.

Tahnsk !

Mali

If the printer is connected via an JetDirect box, you'll probably need to power cycle the JetDirect box also.

Thanks EVery one !

We changed the printer configuration to factory default & then changed back to teh configuration we had earlier. That solved it - what ever it was holding on to from the AS/400, it dropped it.

Thanks !
Mali

Back