Linking to E1 Table via IBM DB2 ODBC Driver

parora

Well Known Member
I am using MS Access 2003 and trying to link to a E1 Table using an IBM DB2 ODBC Driver. When I link to certain E1 Tables, I am able to see the Table's contents and perform queries on them without any problem. However, when I like to other Tables, all of the Table's records show up as "#Deleted" and when I perform a query, the returned records also show up as "#Deleted".

The version of the Driver is 8.01.10.812, however, I do not have permission to download or update any drivers on the machine I am using, so I am looking for a solution that does not involve getting the latest driver.

Any immediate assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

First thing to check when linking to an AS/400 via ODBC: on one of the tabs of the Client Access ODBC driver, there is a drop down list with a choice that states *SQL or *SYS (sorry, don't have it handy to look at).

OneWorld requires that you use *SYS, but Access wants it to be *SQL. Make the change to the ODBC data source, then get back in to Access and look at it again. This also assumes you are not using Unicode, or something else funny like that, but your profile said OneWorld Xe, so I'm guessing you're not using Unicode.

Don't forget to switch the ODBC data source back to the other choice before you start using OneWorld again. If you're going to be doing this a lot, you might want to create a special data source that is always set the way Access needs it.

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for that information, and I am familiar with the setting that you mentioned, but unfortunately I am not using Client Access, so that particular setting is not available to me.

Oops! Sorry. I see IBM and DB2, and I automatically think AS/400 ...
blush.gif

Back