Access Database conversion on deployment server

vivek_kaushal

Well Known Member
Hi Guys
I am planning to refresh hardware of our deployment server. As part of refresh, we are also upgrading OS from 2000 to 2003. We are using Access 97 to store JDEPLAN tables. I am trying to locate CDs for Access 97. Meanwhile I went to JDEdwards XE MTR page and found that JDEdwards recommends Access 2000 or Access 2002.
I googled it and found that there are couple of options.
Option#1 is that I can install Access 2000/2002 and enable Access 97 in new version. It does not upgrade the database format.

Option#2 is that I can convert all Access databases to Access 2000/2002 format one by one. However I will to specify the new location of the database. I can not override existing databases during conversion :-(.

Just wondering has anybody done is before? If yes then can you please guide me which is the best option?

I am planning to enable/convert MDF files in Planner/data folder in Access 2000/2002. Do I need to convert more MDF files in other location and make changes in ODBC connections (e.g. JDEPLAN)?

I will appreciate any help/suggestions.

Thanks

Why convert the Access database at all? The newer versions of Access still allow you to edit data in the tables directly, but you should not need to alter any tables structures, which is what the conversion would give you.

What do you need to do with the Planner DB (other than the usual stuff)?

Back