Proper OCR font to use with Createform Designer

Cathy Wilbur

Well Known Member
I was informed that I need to use a Postscript font for createform. That is not a problem. So I went on the web to order the font and found the following:

OCR A Alternate PS font
OCR A Regular PS font

Which one do I order? Not sure what the difference is between the two. Any ideas. For those of you that use OCR A font with Postscript format, which one do most of you use?

In the past I have only used either OCRA or OCRB. I always considered OCRB to be a ‘bold’ version of that font. I found some information on the Adobe website when I went looking for information about the “Alternate” OCR fonts >>> http://www.adobe.com/type/browser/F/OCRA/F_OCRA-11005000.html.

Based on the font notes (“Both OCR-A and OCR-B have “alternate” versions, which have the standard ISO-Adobe character set instead of the more limited OCR character set.”) I would purchase the Alternate version of the font.

Karen.

From what I found on the web OCR B is a European version of the OCR A font. Will order OCR A Alternate.

Thanks for the Info.

Does anyone know where to get the OCR-A and OCR-A Alternate ".fnt_ps" extention files. We ordered and paid for OCR-A fonts and only the following extentions were included in the font ".afm", ".pfm", "pfb". I tried to map this new font to createform but was unable to map it. I need the ".fnt_ps" files to complete the mapping.

Back