Release Date for 8.97

jojojojo

anyone knows the release date for 8.97?
confused.gif

The release date has not been "officially" set, nor announced, but I have an idea when it will be released. Unfortunately I'm unable to divulge that information...

Re: RE: Release Date for 8.97

somebody whose training on it in denver told me will be released in 2 days

cheers

I am actually in Denver and it goes GA tomorrow. The Business Service Development is very robust.

As a side note, the mandate from Oracle was that Business Services be a direct replacement for WSG. It will do what WSG does but they didn't extend it much past that.

The charting has been updated and is pretty dang cool.

8.97 is indeed available now from Change Assistant. I didn't see much out on Customer Connection as far as installation guides or server and system admin guides though.

I was just looking through the Installation Documentation section of the KG. There are a bunch of 8.97 documents out there now.

Oracle has told us that 8.97 will be out in the month of November. We have a very distributed architechture and Oracle recommended an upgrade to 8.97 from our existing 8.96.I1. They say the web performace is a lot better in 8.97. Lets keep our fingers crossed !!!

8.97 is now available (actually the GA Date was Nov 7).

Hi,

If I were you, I would not immediately install 8.97, it's
quite risky to install such a fresh new release.
I'd wait for 8.97.1.3 or 8.97.1.4 before applying it to
my live servers.
My 0.02 CAD

Sebastian

Sebastian!

please don't discourage people from installing brand new releases like this. Someone has to beat a path (and fall into the tiger pits). Just as long as its not me!

smile.gif

No worries, we have a proof of concept environment - we plan to install over the next few days. I will keep you posted.

Back