Citrix Metaframe compatibility with JDEdwards OneWorld XE

vivek_kaushal

Well Known Member
Hi Guys
I am checking compatibility of Citrix Metaframe with JDEdwards XE. I went to Oracle web site and they sent me to Citrix web site. I did some search on Citrix web site and found that Citrix Access Suite 4.0 has been validated with JDEdwards OneWorld XE. Now I am trying to check validation of Citrix Access Suite 4.5 and could not find any documentation related related to validation of this release with XE.
Just wondering is Citrix Access Suite 4.5 is validated with OneWorld XE SP23? If yes then can you please send me the whitepaper?

Thanks
Vivek Mohan

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Guys
I am checking compatibility of Citrix Metaframe with JDEdwards XE. I went to Oracle web site and they sent me to Citrix web site. I did some search on Citrix web site and found that Citrix Access Suite 4.0 has been validated with JDEdwards OneWorld XE. Now I am trying to check validation of Citrix Access Suite 4.5 and could not find any documentation related related to validation of this release with XE.
Just wondering is Citrix Access Suite 4.5 is validated with OneWorld XE SP23? If yes then can you please send me the whitepaper?

Thanks
Vivek Mohan

[/ QUOTE ]

Vivek,

I'll give one combination to avoid - Windows 2003, Citrix presentation server 3, XE SP23. We ran into some nasty bugs with that combo that set our rollout back by almost four months.

Gregg

Thanks Gregg for information. We are going to upgrade it to Windows 2003, Citrix presentation server 4 and XE SP23. According to white paper that I found in Citrix web site, it should work fine. I spoke with Citrix support. They told me that technically it should work with presentation server 4.5 but they could not give me any whitepaper.

Vivek,

We ran into two major issues with Win 2003 and Citrix PS3:

A custom version of sales order entry needed to be modified to allow null characters.

If a network printer had a "/" in the name, it could not be mapped. Citrix fixed that issue in Presentation Server 4. We needed to apply some one-off patches to the citrix server to get things to work.

Gregg

I can state that Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 and ERP8.0 (or Xe) with SP23 works fine on Win2K3. Had a customer that moved to PS 4.5 without any issues.

Thanks Jon for information. Just wondering can you please answer following questions for me
1. Did you use OneWorld explorer or solution explorer for this setup?
2. Are users accessing JDEdwards application using Citrix Program Neighborhood client or web based Citrix?

Just wondering do you any whitepaper related to this setup

Thanks
Vivek Mohan

1. Oneworld Explorer (though Solution Explorer works fine)
2. Web Based (nFuse)

We are in the process of upgrading to XE SP23, Citrix Presentation 4, Windows2003 & Oracle 9.2.0.6 DB.

We have gone through updating users access to registry keys and security files under B7 directory but still are unable to launch JDE via citrix unless the user is an administrator on the citrix machine.

We do not want to make the users administrators on the citrix machine as this will open up possibilities such as users shutting down citrix.

Any information & experiences would be appreciated.

Brian,

What level of NTFS permission do your users have at the B7 Folder level and lower? On my servers, all domain users have Modify, read, write, and list. They will need that in order to launch the executable. They also access and make modifications to the spec files as they use the application. Users modify the spec and data disctionary as well as pull down (jiti) down new version of reports as a normal part of the way the application works. Open up that folder, keep the OS folders locked down other than their user profile which they will need to be able to read and write to.

Gregg

We are on XE, SP23, using Citrix Presentation 3, and just upgraded our servers to Windows 2003. We have experienced users being locked up in JDE a lot since then. We are using the OneWorld Explorer client.

It appears, from this thread, that we should upgrade to presentation manager 4. Has anyone upgraded from 3 to 4, and what problems, if any, did you run across?

Thank you for you help!
Judy

Judy,

Looking at the system specs in your signiture - you listed sp23_c1. Is that correct? If so, take a look at a later one off of sp 23. As for Citrix, PS4 is supported, PS4.5 is also noted as a stable release.

Gregg

Yes, we are still on C1, but will be upgrading to a later SP soon so we can upgrade our i5 (AS/400) operating system. At this point, I think we will try upgrading one of the Citrix servers and see if anyone has problems with it. We have a total of 5 servers.

Did you upgrade from 3 to 4?

Thank you for your response.
Judy

Besides giving users rights to those certain registry keys, and the files and folders under the C:\B7 directory, don't forget that there are some security files located at the root directory of the C drive.

If you're locking things down, then these files are easy to miss. Look for the files jdeappuni.*, jdeauthuni.*, jdemoduni.*, and jdesecuni.* (or similar file names). The users need Read, Write, Modify, and Read & Execute rights.

Gregg

Thanks for your input.

We have given the domain users modify, read, write and list permissions at the B7 folder and below and the JDE security files under the C\: root on the citrix server. In addition, we have given the users permissions to the registry keys as follows:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\JDEdwards
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JDEdwards
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jde
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ONEWORLD.JDEAPPLICATION
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\JDEPPCOM.Column
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\JDEPPCOM.DataItem
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\JDEPPCOM.DataStructure
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\JDEPPCOM.Environment
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\JDEPPCOM.Library
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\JDEPPCOM.Table
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\JDEOBJECTBROWSETABCTRL
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\JDEdwards.Application
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib

There appears to be security introduced with Windows 2003 SP2 which is still stopping users logging on.

Currently we have a consultant reviewing the registry keys that are used by JDE to see if there are any missing from our list.

Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards
Brian

Brian,

I'll poke around my 2003 terminal servers and see if there is something else to add.

Gregg

I've just upgraded our Citrix Servers (OneWorld XE SP22) from Metaframe 1.8 to PS 4.5 (W2K3). We are using OneWorld Explorer with Citrix Program Neighborhood. When installing TSE I used "relaxed security" and the OneWorld Users have modifiy access to the B7 directory. No problems directly related to running OneWorld on Citrix PS4.5 ......yet.

Back