400 BSFNs failing to build

m@dm@x

m@dm@x

Well Known Member
All,
I have three BSFNs failing to build on my 400. They build fine on the client side. I've looked through the server build logs and have not found any useful information. I've looked at the STS files and all they tell me is that the BSFNs failed to build. Yippie!
My question for you is, is there a way to compile these on the fly in the green screen? I would like to know where in the code these are failing.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Max

[ QUOTE ]
All,
I have three BSFNs failing to build on my 400. They build fine on the client side. I've looked through the server build logs and have not found any useful information. I've looked at the STS files and all they tell me is that the BSFNs failed to build. Yippie!
My question for you is, is there a way to compile these on the fly in the green screen? I would like to know where in the code these are failing.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Max

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the compiler on the 400 working correctly? I had an instance many, many years ago where the compiler was not licensed properly on the box and wouldn't compile.

Hi,

Take a look at the members of <PACKAGENAME>/LOG and
<PACKAGENAME>/FAILED, you'll find the information you
need. <PACKAGENAME> is the package you tried to compile.

Did you recently take any new PTF's? About 2 months ago, we took the latest release of PTF's on the AS400 and they jacked-up our package builds. We had to change a bsfn in the system folder of the IFS.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

Take a look at the members of <PACKAGENAME>/LOG and
<PACKAGENAME>/FAILED, you'll find the information you
need. <PACKAGENAME> is the package you tried to compile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would this be on the Enterprise server?

Also, I haven't taken any updates for the 400 and the Compiler is licenesed.

Is there any way to compile the code on the fly on the 400?

Max

Hi,

Yes, this is on the AS/400 and you definitely need some
help from your AS/400 administrator!
First of all, check with that person if your AS/400 is
on the right PTF level. Go to www.peoplesoft.com, Support,
Knowledge Garden Integration, Minimum Technical Req.,
Enterprise Servers (Tools 8.94), AS/400 or iSeries and
then you'll find the correct set of PTFs to install.
I don't know how to compile a single C object on the
AS/400, but you can compile a whole *SRVPGM (the AS/400
equivalent of a Windows DLL) with E810SYS/BUILDDLL command.
Good luck!

In my experience this is often caused by using the '//'construct to add comments. Technically it is a C++ construct and not supported by the iSeries compiler. If that is the issue use the /* ... */ construct for comments.

HTH

Tom

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

Yes, this is on the AS/400 and you definitely need some
help from your AS/400 administrator!
First of all, check with that person if your AS/400 is
on the right PTF level. Go to www.peoplesoft.com, Support,
Knowledge Garden Integration, Minimum Technical Req.,
Enterprise Servers (Tools 8.94), AS/400 or iSeries and
then you'll find the correct set of PTFs to install.
I don't know how to compile a single C object on the
AS/400, but you can compile a whole *SRVPGM (the AS/400
equivalent of a Windows DLL) with E810SYS/BUILDDLL command.
Good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Sebastian. I'll check with my Admin about the PTF level. I'm hoping to get some training on the 400. I don't like wondering what the Black Box is doing. I come from a Wintel shop and I haven't worked with a 400 in 10 or so years.

Thanks,

Max

[ QUOTE ]
In my experience this is often caused by using the '//'construct to add comments. Technically it is a C++ construct and not supported by the iSeries compiler. If that is the issue use the /* ... */ construct for comments.

solution id 201046787

Which version are you working with and which SP level? Which BSFNs are failing? Which .C and .H are not building? Check in build history. Please post the client build log, as/400 server build log, .sts and .txt files (zip them together)

Well folks, I figured the issues out. Two out of the three BSFNs were calling Windows.h header. Come to find out, the 400 is not capable of working with this .h file. I've directed the BSFNs to the client side; let's have fun with 8.12 later.

My server builds are now "A-Okay". Thanks for all the help from the list. I love this site...Oracle should thank their lucky stars for having it around.

Max

Back