Getting project's objects into several client computers at the same time

oleg_d

Getting project\'s objects into several client computers at the same time

Hi!
I have a question:
is it possible to get objects into several clients?
Developers want to get objects into WTS stations after they have done some changes in some project and not go to WTS client open there OL and get object or project directly from each client.
What kind of solution can be for this situation?
I think it should be like push installation. Or can it be some activity rule, that can get objects into clients specs when project change status or something like that?

Thanks.

Re: Getting project\'s objects into several client computers at the same time

[ QUOTE ]
is it possible to get objects into several clients?
Developers want to get objects into WTS stations after they have done some changes in some project and not go to WTS client open there OL and get object or project directly from each client.
What kind of solution can be for this situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oleg,

yes there is a solution for that. it's a little thing we CNCs call a package.

Yes, I heard
laugh.gif
about packages, but I ask about methods to do that without packages installation(which require to close on clients activeConsole.exe on WTS), because it's usually need to get only 1-5 objects at same time.
Thanks.

Oleg,

The safe and consistent way to do that is with packages. Otherwise things will be very inconsistant. I build and deploy packages weekly, even if the total number of changed objects are small. The CNC job is to keep the system running smoothly. Using shortcuts like you mentioned in your first post are introducing opportunities for errors.

I'm sure you will find Everest Software International sells software to do that, without a package. I can't vouch for the package because I haven't used it, but its called Hot Deploy. I believe there is a limitation in that it supports specification changes, but not business functions, but Alex P. can speak to that.

Yes, this is absolutely correct.

Back