Xe to 8.12 Upgrade Question

Steve99

I've read the installation guide for 8.12 on performing an upgrade and I'm not sure if I'm understanding the proper pre-upgrade requirements. I installed a new 8.12 enterpriseone installation and loaded it with demo data in Development and it worked fine. I now want to copy our production Xe data to it and run a data upgrade to see what issues we will have when we do this in real-mode. I started out by copying the Xe databases to the SQL2005 server and changing the names so as to not conflict with the new 8.12 business data source names. Tried a upgrade plan and when it got to the table conversions, it failed due to missing tables in the new 8.12 database (I loaded the business data - CRP with a platform pack).

I then deleted the 8.12 business data - CRP and replaced it with the Xe business data - CRP and thought it would do a in-place data upgrade and got limited results. It appears to sometimes get it's table specs from 8.12 instead of the Xe central object database.

What is the proper configuration in order to do a Xe to 8.12 upgrade, install Xe on a new box and then install 8.12 on the same deployment server or what?????

Please help if you know the answer. It will save tons of time.

Thanks

Steve
Xe Update8, SQL2000, Citrix Metaframe Xp

You are following the wrong guide. First scrap the 8.12 install. Clear out the properties file that came down with the platform pack install. Open the 8.12 upgrade guide and follow the instructions.
When you upgrade the first thing when it comes to platform pack install is you choose the upgrade plan and also make sure you install pristine if you want to run the TCs on the enterprise server.
Once you look at the upgrade guide you will know that the process is way different that a normal install. Do not install 8.12 with an install plan like you did but follow the instructions from the upgrade guide.

Hi, I did the same because we have a new deployment server.
Then I did a new installation on this deployment server and now I need refresh the business data from PD7333 to DV812.
There are a "data only upgrade.doc", but dont work, because is based in an upgrade and not in a new install.
Any tip?
Tks...

Back