Oracle would like your input - Are you going to OpenWorld?

cassh1

Well Known Member
Hi Everyone,
I am posting this on behalf of Oracle EnterpriseOne Tools.
If you are attending Oracle OpenWorld in San Fran in November they would really like to hear from you. See below.

Sue Shaw, Quest EnterpriseOne Advocacy Director (CNC at heart)

Message from E1 Tools:

Let your voice be heard! - Come join representatives from the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools and Technology product strategy and development at OpenWorld for a series of roundtable discussions. These roundtables are an excellent opportunity to directly influence the future direction of the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools products. The discussions will focus on some of the key challenges that we have heard from our customers.

Date: Tuesday November 13, 2007
Agenda:
Time Topic
9:00am -10:15am Product usability and web client
10:30am - 11:45am System management - patching, upgrades, troubleshooting
1:00pm - 2:15pm Batch processing - performance, monitoring, and management, table conversions
2:30pm - 3:45pm Performance - web client performance, performance management tooling
4:00pm - 5:15 pm Integration technology - SOA, application integration

You can attend the specific roundtables that are important to you or attend all the roundtables. However, space is limited and registration is required.

Please contact AJ Schifano ([email protected]) for registration and further information.

We look forward to seeing you at Oracle OpenWorld.

I think the Quest user group is probably the best JDE focused conference - as it has always been prior to the Peoplesoft takeover. Openworld has too many other Oracle products - which is fine if you're a pure oracle shop - but if you're looking for solely JDE support and can only spare 1 week a year for conferences, then Quest Global is going to be best.

I love the fact its also returning to Denver this coming year !

Jon,

As much as I love San Francisco, I agree with you, the Quest Collaborate conference is much more focused on JDE and third party tools for JDE. The call for presentations is still open. The call closes on October 26th. Here is the url for more info: http://www.questdirect.org/QuestDirect/Events/COLLABORATE/Call+For+Presentations.htm

I am helping out with selecting proposals and can tell you that I have not seen a lot of end-user proposals. If you are an end-user and have a good topic in mind, please submit. If selected, the conference fee is waved. The conference is at the Denver Convention center, located in the heart of downtown. Back in the day, this is where JDE always held it. {sorry to highjack your thread Sue, see you in the rockies!!}

Gregg Larkin

Whatever happened to SIG Days in Colorado Springs? That was much more focused and enjoyable. It was also much less expensive than San Francisco.

For anyone who is going to OpenWorld, I'll be speaking and will sit on a customer panel at the following sessions:

S292335
S291597

I truly believe Collaborate and OpenWorld compliment each other very well, and to see Oracle hosting the JD Edwards sessions in a single location (Hilton SFO) means you don't have to slog between buildings to gather focused information if you're only concerned with JDE.

SIG days, in your meaning, are now Local User Group days - they still occur and have a schedule nationally. SIG stands for Special Interest Groups - and these now have representation at Quest Global on the day before the main conference.

Hi Again,
Just to clarify a few things...
I agree that Collaborate (Quest Global and Focus are old names now and though we wanted to call 2008 ReFocus, it's not gonna happen) is more user focused and the Tech SIG will again put on a big 'hot topic' day on the Monday (April 14, 2008).
It is a result of how successful that day is that Oracle Tools wants to get input from anyone at OpenWorld as well. They really want to hear from their customers which is wonderful for all of us.

I like to describe Collaborate as the 'User Group Conference' and OOW as the 'Vendor Conference'. Collaborate is more customer presentations and sharing of best practices, though there are lots of Oracle presentations also.

Quest has been discussing the revival of the SIG Forum but with two major conferences a year and a lot of regional conferences we are concerned that there isn't a lot of appetite left for another event, valuable as it was. Quest is trying to supply the same value as the SIG Forum with the Monday of Collaborate. The Tech SIG in particular regards that day as the big chance to get your enhancement suggestions and input to existing ideas - you can check them out all year round on the Tech SIG website on the Quest website.
http://questers.questdirect.org/index.php?mo=is&op=ty&type=1

Whoever will be at OOW - hope to see you then.

Those that wait for Collaborate - see you in Denver next April.

Sue

Back