OWXE full package not building on iSeries

vasoov

Good day folks,

I am trying to build a full package on an iSeries 520 V5R4M0, OWXE, SP23_R1

Deployment server is W2K3 R2, SP23_R1, 2GB RAM

The client portion always builds successfuly.

Problem - When I define the build with the compression option, the server build hangs. The spec folder is populated correctly and then the build hangs. No function libraries are built. No errors are recorded in the JDE server build log. On the iSeries I see the NETWORK job in a SELW state with a lock being held on object CAEC. This has happened several times now, even after cleaning out old package folders and libraries. I have also cleared package build related tables.

However, if I define the build without any compression option, the server build always goes through.

Ideas appreciated..

I thought the compression options were only relative to the Client build? Am I mistaken there? Whereas, if this is the case, the issue would seem to be stemming from deployment server. Do you see the compressed files on the deployment server after the build completes? The Client PDF comes up with no errors or anything strange on it?

It seems that the NETWORK process runs in parallel with the server PAKTOTAM. The server build hangs once PAKTOTAM has completed unpacking the specs.

I have noticed that the CAEC.sts file gets created before all the specs have finished unpacking.

The client build reports no major errors apart from functions not being checked in. Could it be some kind of concurrency deadlock? Maybe PTFs need to be applied? I havent seen any docs relating to such an issue.

Hi,

Is ILE-C installed on your AS/400? You need it to
compile your *SRVPGM.

Hi,

Well, I am assuming that the compiler is OK as all the modules are built correctly when the compression option is not defined in the build. I don't get any errors coming up in the JDE logs and it just seems that CAEC does not get populated with the source code. The network process locks the CAEC object and just sits there doing nothing. The strange thing is that 1 time out of 10 the build DOES go through with the compression option specified.

Back