Create!form 6.0 - Setting up multiple Director Queues

Cathy Wilbur

Well Known Member
We are thinking of setting up multiple Director queues on CreateForm 6.0

When we set up the multiple Director queues on 6.0 are they automatically multi-threaded?

How many Director queues can you define before you start to have a problem with performance?

Do other people us multiple director queues and if so what do you use them for? We are going to have one Development and one Production project directory. We just want the seperate director queues so Payroll system jobs can be run at the same time and Registrar system jobs. We are looking at setting up 3 director queues for our 3 large non One World systems (Legacy systems). We could end up with much more than 3 director queues.

Please advise.

Cathy,

I am working with Create!form v6.2. I believe the print queues are automatically multi-threaded. I don’t know at what point you can expect to start having processing problems. I’m working on a project where I’ll have over 50 print queues defined on the Create!form server when I’m finished. I think there’s a strategy for load-balancing if you’ve got hundreds of print queues and need to have Create!form Server running on more than one server to keep the processing balanced. I don’t have specifics; maybe another forum member can offer advice about that.

I will be using multiple queues, the ERP system is JDE World A9.1 and I’ll have a 1-to-1 relationship between AS/400 output queue and Cform6 Server printer queue. I’m doing this so jobs from the one group (accounting) don’t get stuck waiting to process behind jobs from another group (shipping). I haven’t gotten as far as going live on the system yet (production still runs through Cprint AS/400 v5.5 and Cform v2.7 on the NT Server) but my intent is that everything will process smoothly.

I only have one Create!form server so it functions as both the production and test/development box. I have separate project folders for test and production. The majority of the print queues are production printers and use the production project folder but I do have a couple printers configured specifically for testing, they point to my test project folder.

Hope this helps!

Karen.

Back