Slow BSFNs running locally

DJH

Hi List

We have been having issues with locking on our E1 system, mainly when entering Sales Order which contain configured items. The system would hang and the user would see a grey screen with an hourglass at various points, i.e tabbing out of the 'sold to' field or just after clicking 'place order'.

After some debug log analysing we noticed that some of our BSFNs were taking a long time to complete, such as F4211FSEndDoc (B4200310) taking over 15 seconds. As this runs asynchronously in the background the same user (or someone else) was starting the next order when the first order hadnt completed and release its locks. Hence locks everywhere and transactions not going through.

After moving the SOE BSFNs to run on the server instead of Locally (Default) we reran an order and the F42FSEnddoc now only takes 3 seconds. I am happy with the fix but wondered if anyone else has seen the same issue and if so how they resolved it.

I am concerened that BSFNS are running that slowly on the local clients.

I would also be interested to know what OCM mappings others have on the same release as us.

Many Thanks in advance

E1 8.10
TR 8.96.1.2
INTEL
SQL 2000 SP4
WTS clients

Hi,

I would take a look either at the network link between
your clients and your Enterprise servers and also check
for AntiVirus settings on your client side.

Back