QA Full Package Build taking time to build

Aryan123

Aryan123

Well Known Member
Hi,

QA Full Package Build taking time to build,It takes around 13-14 hrs to complete.
I Compared with other environments,other env's takes aroung 7-8 hrs to complete the build.
Please suggest if some one came across with the same sort of problem.

We are on :
JDE release 8.9 ( Tools release - 8.96 H1)
Deployment Server- Windows 2003 SP1
Enterprise Server HP-Unix
JAS Server HP-Unix

Thanks & Regards,
Adnan Nawab

Hi,

Have you updated indexes and statistics for its
Central Objects - QAxxx tables?

Yes I have updated indexes and statistics for its
Central Objects - QAxxx tables too, still the same problem.
frown.gif

Are all the environments built on the same enterprise server? Is the enterprise server and database on the same machine?

QA Env. is separate and database too and only QA Env. is taking time to build not other Env's,I observed that the client build for QA is consuming time specially for gbrspec around 5 hrs.

Have you checked your network switch settings and your network card settings? If your swtitch is set to auto/full duplex, then your network card should also be set to auto/full duplex. If you have a mananged swtich check that there are no excessive errors.

Only client build is consuming time and only one Env. i.e QA is consuming time not other Env's.

Is your client built on the dep server or a fat client? Are your central objects for each environment on different DB servers? Have you checked your switch - what are the speed and duplex settings? If your CO reside on different servers it may be a switch problem.

Back