BAC's EFT submissions

Meg Bytes

BAC\'s EFT submissions

Has anyone have experience dealing with Barclay's Bank in the UK. I am trying to submit payments to them using the BAC's format. JDE's version of the BAC's layout calls for a 9 line text file for one payment. JDE claims that this complys with APAC standards. I was able to produce this file correctly. On the other hand, Barclays Bank claims that the BAC's format is one line per payment (100 characters long).

Does anyone have experience with this?

Re: BAC\'s EFT submissions

Meg Bytes,

I don't have the experience you have requested, but I would recommend going with the format that the bank requires. When we were setting up communications with our bank, they provided the specs for the files and we produced the files with those specs. The bank then changed the specs without letting us know, but that's another story ...

In my experience with a few UK banks the BACS format is a single record format. There are usually a header record, detail records of around 100 bytes in size and then a summary record. There are optional record types for contra entries. In each case I have worked with the optional record types were ignored by the bank if provided.

There is a standard specified by APACS for BACS. You can purchase standard 18 from them. I figure that is what JDE worked from when creating R04572B. I think this standard is only a requirement for BACSTEL subscribers who interface directly to BACS (in this case Barclays). The format Barclays requires you to send them is not necessarily the same. A similar example is the Royal Bank of Scotland who have specified their own Royline format. I have had to adapt the JDE BACS format a few times to meet the specific file format of a particular bank.

I think you are probably stuck generating what Barclays is asking for.

Thank you, I agree that we will probably ignore the can JDE report and build something special. Unfortunate - the other JDE reports we used in other countries were working without mods.

Thank you, I agree that we will most likely create a Barclay-specific extract file.

Back