Need Help with OAS Webcache - Doesn't Cache

list6654

Need Help with OAS Webcache - Doesn\'t Cache

I have set up OAS 10.1.2.0.2 Webcache as it is documented in the JDE guide titled "Installing and Configuring Oracle Web Cache with JDEdwards EnterpriseOne HTML Web Server". Webcache runs fine and there are no errors in the Webcache logs. However, based on the statistics in WebcacheAdmin, there are 0 objects that have been compressed. Performance does not appear to be any better.

Does anyone have any idea why the statistics would be 0? I have attached some screen prints.

Attachments

• 124684-Webcache_Screenprints.zip
    455.5 KB · Views: 107
Re: Need Help with OAS Webcache - Doesn\'t Cache

Hi, we are not using the web cache yet but do you have also an OAS cluster configured?

Adrian

At first glance, I thought most of your stats would show zero if there are no users on the system. However, your popular requests screen is blank, which tells me something is not configured properly. I have this setup and WebCache with caching and compression is working fine. See attachment.

Attachments

• 124705-webcache.PNG
    124705-webcache.PNG
    35.8 KB · Views: 118

I have some popular request items but they look like SAW resources and not webclient resources.

Can you post a screenprint of your virtual host configuration?

Attachments

• 124738-Popular_Requests.zip
    155.9 KB · Views: 91

I have configured OAS clustering before. It is a lot simpler than WebSphere clustering.

Right now I am just trying to verify that I have set up Web Cache correctly. I can see the content expiration in my temporary internet files but I can't tell whether the compression is working since my users are not testing the new OAS servers much.

[ QUOTE ]
At first glance, I thought most of your stats would show zero if there are no users on the system. However, your popular requests screen is blank, which tells me something is not configured properly. I have this setup and WebCache with caching and compression is working fine. See attachment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Charles,

We too want to enable and configure correctly the use of webcache on OAS. Can you guide us more on how to properly set it up...it seems we couldn't figure out correctly the OAS manual/guide, can you provide us some tips.

thanks.

I figured out the problem.

I bypassed WebCache (unintentionally) by running all of my VHosts on port 80.

Thanks to all who helped.

Honestly, the simplest method is to avoid the Java based JAS installer and deploy the JDE ".war" file manually. You can do this from the command line, or using OEM. Make sure you have WebCache installed and enabled and virtual hosts are already setup (if any).

Two simple commands can help you to create a container (the OC4J, which is the 'home' for your JAS instance) and then deploy the application to the container.

In the example below, I create an OC4J named "YOUCALLIT" in my ORACLE_HOME. Then, I deploy jde.war from my current working directory to the freshly created OC4J, calling it "jasapp". You may need to remove the "./" if on Windows. MOD_OC4J will be updated with the "/jde" mount.

dcmctl createComponent -ct oc4j -co YOUCALLIT

dcmctl deployApplication -f ./jde.war -a jasapp -co YOUCALLIT -rc /jde

You will need to manually update the files in the classes directory, if you don't compile those in using the eGenerator.

[ QUOTE ]
...You will need to manually update the files in the classes directory, if you don't compile those in using the eGenerator...

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you elaborate on what you mean by this statement? I have never compiled anything into this folder. What is it that you are compiling?

The eGenerator can be used to create WAR files for specific environments, by selecting the "Portlet Deployment" option from the menu, it's the last entry in the list, and then pointing to a set of configuration (INI) files. The ini files can be tailored to a specific environment or setup depending on the web server role.

You do not have to add any portlets to the WAR file in order to use the portlet deployment option in eGenerator. Nice trick, if you believe in scripting your deployments for new Tools Releases and additional web servers. All this may/will change with 8.97, of course, but as always I'm sure there will be ways around the officially supported method - if you are brave soul. ;-)

Back