WebSphere 6.0, Xe SP23_R1, and generation...

swhitmire

Reputable Poster
We recently upgraded to SP23_R1, which supports WebSphere 6. I've finally managed to get the JAS portion installed under WebSphere 6 (hint for anyone else trying: the installer doesn't do any escaping on the password, so if you have a character in it that means something to the shell, like &, the scripts it generates will fail) but now I can't make generation work. The installation manual says that I should run launchgen.bat in the JAS directory on my client... but I don't have a JAS directory or a launchgen.bat file. So, guessing this was just a mistake in changing the manual for Xe from later releases, I decided to try it with the old gen.bat. I installed WS Express 6.0 on my client, changed gen.bat to use that copy of java, copied the new com directory from the web server, and ran gen.bat. The startup, environment login, etc, worked fine, but when it actually tried to connect to the web server, right after the "Matching JAS-Gen Code" message, it errored out with "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest". I've tried it with all the debugging turned on, looked at all the logs, and haven't found anything that tells me more. Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone else used WS6 and Xe on AIX? Or on any platform, for that matter? Is there something different I'm supposed to be doing?

Back