Change Assistant

condor

Hello List... is been a long time since my last post... I moved away from JDE for 1 year, and now I am back.. I need your feedback regarding Change Assistant.

I am working in a client where we need to install over 1000+ ESUs. Initially my plan was to use Change Assistant to identify the ESUs -which I have done and it worked just great- and manually install the ESUs. Unfortunately I don't have time to do that. I need to install all the ESUs before Monday night and I am ready to use Change Assistant to install them and is here, that I need your feedback and tips...

How good is Change Assistant to Install the ESUs in Batches of 100 or more ESUs? Any special preocaution I need to have? How can use Change Assistant to apply Special Instructions?... and anything else of interest.

Thank you very much to all of you for your feedback. I promise I will post the results of my process once I am done.

Have a good day all of you
Jorge

Jorge,

Change Assistant is the way to go. I usually do them in batches of 50, but you can try 100. Also, after you have applied all the ESUs, you can have Change Assistant create a summary report that includes all of the Special Instructions! So, you won't have to look at each ESU individually for Special Instuctions...

Matthew

Matthew:
Thank you for your feedback.

I have had a lot of problem getting user-friendly documentation about Change Assistant... at least, some that I can understand clearly.

Can you tell me which is the process I must do?

I have identify and downloaded the ESUs. I have several batches ready. What I understand is that I can expand and install them through Change Assistant. How exactly should I do it? And what does "install" means? I am assuming I still need to go into GH9612 and proceed with the merge or does Change Assistant do it for you?

Thank ou very much
Jorge

Matthew: Thank you for your helpful feedback.

I am having problems finding a good documentation and i am running out of time.

I have several batches ready. Now, when I "install" them, what exactly will happen? From what I have understood is that Change Assistant will expand the executable and proceed to execute the executable file. Then, I need to go into JDE, menu GH9612 to proceed with the merge or does Change Assistant do it for you?

Thank you for your feedback.
Jorge

Hi,

After downloading a batch of ESU's, go to "Work with Batches" found at the bottom of explorer like pane. You could see your downloaded batch here. Click on deploy icon, login under the JDEPLAN environment. Follow the on-screen instructions, you can have the change assistant do the following:

- create a backup
- create OMW Project and Package assembly
- create the spec merge
- deploy on any environment simultaneously

If you don't have lots of time in your hands, you can skip the backup as this does take a lot of time.

After this, you can log in the Solutions Explorer (DEP812 environment) and built a full or update package.

ciao.

Back