How to copy processing options values from a backup table to the version table

antoine_mpo

Reputable Poster
Hi list,

Since our architecture change (we were in Xe S20, Oracle 8i, websphere 4, with win2k servers, now we are in Xe S23_Q1, Oracle 10.2.0.3, Websphere 6) we are experiencing loss of processing options values at runtime.
It means that everyday, on some versions, all the po values disapear. It's not always the same versions (even if the most used version meet the issue more often).
We've got an opened case for this issue since 2007 may 31st.
So far we didn't find any solution (it's happening only in our production environment, and we cannot reproduce it in others).

When this issue occurs, it's a real pain in the ass because we have to put the values back by hand. And of course, one of the most used application is P4210, which have quite a lot of values ...
So i'd like to find a way to easily copy the processing options values (recorded in F983051.VRPODATA field) from a backup table to the in use table.

Does anyone knows a way to do so (PL/SQL, JDE bsfn, ube, ...) ?

Thanks a lot for your help

Why not just secure the version ? Or have a "secured" version that you can copy in case your previous one becomes corrupted ? If its an interactive application - you don't need a package deployed for everyone to see it either.

I'd rather see someone use the tool - although its absolutely possible to do it outside the tool...

Hello Jon,

What do you mean by "secure" the version ? Are you talking of processing options security ? Because if so, the versions that regulary lose their PO values are already secured that way.

About having a secured version, how would i "copy" it if the previous becomes corrupted ? Do you mean a copy in OMW, from one environement to another ?
Yes i could do that. The only thing is that i must do it from pre-production to production (our pre-prod and prod environments are outsourced, our developement is in site), which means connect remotely to a fat client, and so on. I was trying to find a easier and quicker way to do so.
That's why i was trying to do find a way outside the tool.

The jde analyst in charge of our case keeps on telling me she succeed in doing a simple sql copy :
UPDATE DV810.F983051 SET VRPODATA =
(SELECT VRPODATA FROM TESTDTA.F983051 WHERE VRPID='P01012' AND VRVERS='ACTESTV01')
WHERE VRPID='P01012' AND VRVERS='ACTESTV01'

But according to her sql request, i guess she's not using Xe but 8.10. Are Podata database structure different in 8.10 ?

Back