Where are users favorites stored?

DMiller

Hi List -
This is a question for my fellow CNC and Techie people...

When in E1 and using the web or HTML, the users have the ability to add an application or UBE to their Favorites. Where are these stored? In a table somewhere and if so, what's the name of it?

We made a change to a task view and changed the version that an application is calling. However, I know for a fact that people have this application and version in their Favorites so I'm questioning how I can remove it from their list of favorites so they don't use this one any more.

I'm not talking about web browser favorites either. What I'm referring to is the favorites within EnterpriseOne and not user overrides or grid formats (as some people get these confused).

Thanks in advance for any tips regarding this!!!

E1 Release 8.11
Tools Release 8.95_N1
Websphere 5

DMiller

Favorites are contained in the task and view tables (F9000, F9001, etc.). See attached for explanation and some SQL statements for favorites userid list and favorites for a particular user. Basically, the favorites seem to link to the original task, so there is probably no need to change any favorites.

I hope this has been of some assistance.

Attachments

• 124316-Favorites.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 460
[ QUOTE ]
When in E1 and using the web or HTML, the users have the ability to add an application or UBE to their Favorites. Where are these stored? In a table somewhere and if so, what's the name of it?

We made a change to a task view and changed the version that an application is calling. However, I know for a fact that people have this application and version in their Favorites so I'm questioning how I can remove it from their list of favorites so they don't use this one any more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diane,

You have just pointed out the problem with Favorites. It's a great feature, except for that issue. If a user makes a favorite of a version, and the version is updated, no big deal. If the version is retired, and taken off the task view, it is still availible in the favorites list. Take a look at the table that Peter mentioned so you can clean out the obsolete favorites. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to get rid of this, other than poking around behind the scenes.

Gregg

Couldn't you secure out that version or even remove it from Production?

Yeah I guess removing it from Production would be an option but only as a last resort (I think). I always forget about using version security so that's a good option too.

Thanks to everyone for responding!

Back