PY vs JPY using Fat Client vs HTML

ivylineen

I am not a technical person. I have an issue that looks technical to me so any comments is very much appreciated

I have an issue with free goods. Buy 10 get 1 free. Setup Price adjustment for that. I have created a Sales Order for 10. System will trigger 1 free which is correct. Then, i change the quantity to 20. The system should cancel the original free goods and create a new line with 2. When tested, this works correctly on PY using Fat Client but not in JPY using Fat Client and HTML. Both PY Fat Client and HTML will not cancel the original free goods line. Hence, buy 20 get 3 free (1 free from original line and 2 free after change the quantity). Any idea why it works differently? What could be the potential issue?

I am on 811 SP 1
Thanks in advanced.

First of all, if you're using the JPY environment - or any of the "J" environments (due to the web server) then you should cease and desist from using the "non" J environments immediately for your testing.

Comparing code between PY and JPY is apples to oranges - you have major CNC changes between the environments that could be causing an issue.

Instead, log into your FAT client using the JPY environment - so the business functions are still mapped to the app server. Now, does the same issue appear ? If it does, then you can narrow down the issue to a business function not correctly running on the application server (see SAW). On the other hand, if you can run using a FAT client in JPY and not on the web using JPY - then you have some sort of web based issue - again SAW would be your best identifier of what the issue might be.

I tell everyone this. If you are using one "type" of environment in your implementation - then EVERYONE should be using that type of environment. If you have a mix of Fat Clients, Terminal Server and JAS servers - you certainly should NOT be using "PD", "WPD" and "JPD" - you should ONLY be using the lowest common denominator, ie the "JPD" environment. That way, your functions will operate correctly - database tables won't get mysterious locks so often and caches will be respected by the technical architecture.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the explaination.
I was testing on mainly in HTML. When i notice it does not work, i start testing in Fat Client and realise it was working fine. Then i tested in "J" environment using Fat Client and it didnt work.
Any guide to verify which business function is failing from logs or something?

For that, you're going to have to look on the application server in the logs. Best to clear the logs, test and then check each log to see the error. more than likely you have a function that is incorrectly calling client logic - or something just needs to be redeployed. But at this point, its a simple matter of troubleshooting...!

Back