Anybody applied 8.12 Update 2?

JCamden

Just about the time we decided it should be OK to apply Update 1 to 8.12, and Update 2 is released!

We'd really like to just go up to Update 1 but it isn't on e-delivery any more. Does anyone have a copy I could get? And anyone with experience with Update 1.

If you feel that Update 1 is absolutely what you need, a call to Response Line will more than likely garner you some availability on the update.

However, Update 2 does include the ESU's that have come out since Update 1, and there are a bunch. Therefore its probably necessary. If you are still implementing - ie, you're not live yet, then go ahead and implement Update2 - however, if you are live then I would postpone your updates for a couple of weeks so that others may comment on this thread. Usually if something goes wrong with an update - its withdrawn pretty quickly...

I strongly recommend that your CNC downloads updates/service packs and planner ESU's on a regular basis for ALL platforms and stores them on your deployment server - that way, you have the ability to go back to an update that is no longer available if necessary...

We have applied Update 2 in two different environments. So far so good. The update went pretty smooth for one instance, the other we had issues with the planner ESU and Update 2. We eventually scrubbed both from the registry and reapplied by doing a force merge.

We are going into our integrated test with Update 2. It's large but solid so far.

Jon, Thanks for the reply.

Your philosophy is close to what I wanted to do. But others had an override. At least I think I have them convinced to apply Update 2 before we go live with 8.12.

dmbujak,

It's been a couple of weeks now. Any update on your experience? All is running smoothly, I would hope.

Jerry

Hi Dan,

It's been a couple of weeks since I asked the question. Do you have anything you could update us on based on your experience?

From a functional standpoint, applications running as designed, we have not run into any problems. In fact, we are upgrading our O/S on the AS400 this weekend, implying the update was a success. We would not engage in the O/S upgrade if we were experiencing application issues.

Back