JDE Support offshore?

DRezanka

DRezanka

Reputable Poster
Has Oracle completely offshore'd their JDE support? The last three cases I opened were assigned to names I have never heard and challenged my listening skills. Are their any familiar names left on the front lines?

Since I'm fairly new to JDE, I've always recieved Off-Shore support. That's until we complained to our sales rep at Oracle. Now, we are recieving help from people who know what they are talking about. My advice, contact your account manager at Oracle, if you have one.

[ QUOTE ]
Has Oracle completely offshore'd their JDE support? The last three cases I opened were assigned to names I have never heard and challenged my listening skills. Are their any familiar names left on the front lines?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they all quit and went to work for TomorrowNow? by the way Jon, TN hasn't folded up their teepee and left the JDE reservation yet....
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

TN hasn't folded up their teepee and left the JDE reservation yet....

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the opportune word there is "yet"...

So is TN the Michael Vick of the JDE world ? Its going to cost TN about the same as its costing Michael Vick...

smile.gif

I think most of the old peeps have all left Oracle now. I personally don't know anyone in the consulting side from back when I was at WWATG. Most of the good knowledge felt threatened with the peoplesoft and then the oracle mergers - and quickly got out before they were canned. The problem is that if you HAD stayed around, you would have been shoehorned into a job indefinitely since theres no-one else out there doing the job.

However, saying all of this, I do hear that Oracles support isn't TOO bad recently. I'm sure that this is a transition period right now, and as far as consulting goes - I'm certain that with the right $$$ they'll get the right skills.

As for offshore support ? Oracle pretty much invented the standards behind offshoring ! They've been offshoring to India for many more years than they've been supporting JDE - it was inevitable. Its good to know that an irate customer can bypass the offshore "holding queue" however - it shows they are aware of the issues.

Far be it from me to defend "the man", but I've actually gotten pretty timely, relevant, and helpful responses from most of "dem feriners" that I've dealt with. A lot of my calls over the last six months have resulted in either requests for SARs or direction to existing SARs. My previous seven years of experience with JDE/Peoplesoft support generally resulted in: "returned - future enhancement"--> which generally meant, "we're not gonna fix it for you until a more important customer reports it". I will admit that we've used our client manager to strong-arm a bit after we upgraded. It's the first time that I've seen that work well, but my current CIO is a little more outspoken than others that I've worked for, so perhaps that's a factor.

So for now, I'll take bad English over sub-par support. But everyone has their measure of what constitutes good support, right?

That's my two pennies....

[ QUOTE ]
...which generally meant, "we're not gonna fix it for you until a more important customer reports it".....

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I knew what Algorithm JDE used to figure out the "more important" customer factor. I know I worked with many of the largest JDE customers - and when we ran into a bug, we got the same answers ! So, pretty much everyone got the "future release" answer for a long time back in the JDE days - it was how JDE did business, and eventually why the company got swallowed whole !

It is interesting reading some of the responses to this question.

On the whole the support teams in Denver / Europe and Asia have been criticised in forums such as this - yet when they are gone they are suddenly missed.

As was mentioned when PeopleSoft took over a streamlining exercise took place where for instance the EMEA support office went from 96 down to about 20 with some given the option to move to Denver.

Oracle have now opened up support centres in both India and Romania and any new resource is focused there. So as existing resources dwindle in the main centres then that is where the replacement resource (if any) will be placed.

As for the quality of that resource, they are being trained by consultants from both the EMEA and Denver offices, so depending on your opinion of the existing consultants will depend upon what you think of the new consultants.

How do you get a "local" consultant to handle your tickets you need to experiment with when you input your ticket. I now know what time to input tickets and at what status to get a consultant from the centre that I want. This works 80% of the time.

I can only speak from a technical perspective from my time on the EMEA response line (and it is also being bore out by seeing a lot of the input to this forum), but it helps if those people raising tickets gave quality and relevant information instead of relying on the response line peoples crytsal ball to understand what they really mean.

Today it is extremely important to ensure that you give as much information as possible when raising the ticket (mainly online) as sadly it would appear that the art of using the phone (which would help to clarify issues where doubt exists) has been lost by support consultants world wide, even though my profile is set to have them call me.

I agree, I have also discovered that the time a case is opened is a major factor in whether you're going to get Romania, Denver, or Asia (where in Asia?). I have also noticed (although I could be wrong, please correct me if you can) that if my questions are more "functional" they tend to be assigned to analysts from the States (or so it seems) but the more technical/development type questions go to Asia. Does anyone else have any analytics surrounding their type of case and the generic location of the resource assigned?

Matt

I've been pleasantly surprised by the help from the support line. One case I have open is pretty complex and the case owner is handling it quite well. Unfortuantly, what I really need is to communicate with the developer, but we have to get past the front line sheild first. :)

Back