E812 with Biztalk Adapter

mpeacock

We are currently running JDEdwards EnterpriseOne 8.12 and wish to utilise the EnterpriseOne adapter with Biztalk Server 2006. Currently our efforts have failed to result in the services becoming available when setting up the Send
Port. We get the following error in the Event viewer log:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Microsoft BizTalk Adapters for Enterprise Applications ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display
messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag
to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: E-JDE0010: JNI invocation method failed for the method GetModulePrefixes. JDEdwards error message :
com.jdedwards.system.connector.dynamic.spec.SpecFailureException: Cannot connect to Oneworld Spec Source:Data Source not found in Oneworld Database Data source for F9860, TBLE not found. ([DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] Database Connection failed for DataSource System - 812.).

Using network trace and sql profiling, I can see information flowing between the Biztalk server, JDE Enterprise server and the SQL 2005 database, but the above message always results. From the microsoft adapter setup paper (Installing and Configuring Microsoft BizTalk Adapters for Enterprise
Applications) it would appear all the relevant JARs are present for the 8.12 environment and I have tried both the 2000 and 2005 jdbc sql drivers.

The following is the detail for the send port setup:
Host: APPSERVER
JAVA_HOME: D:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02
JDEdwards Environment: PY812
JDEdwards JAR files:
d:\JDEJARS\896\ApplicationAPIs_JAR.jar;d:\JDEJARS\896\ApplicationLogic_JAR.jar;d:\JDEJARS\896\Base_JAR.jar;d:\JDEJARS\896\BizLogicContainer_JAR.jar;d:\JDEJARS\896\BizLogicContainerClient_JAR.jar;d:\JDEJARS\896\Connector.jar;d:\JDEJARS\896\jdbj.ini;d:\JDEJARS\896\JdbjBase_JAR.jar;d:\JDEJARS\896\JdbjInterfaces_JAR.jar;d:\JDEJARS\896\jdeinterop.ini;d:\JDEJARS\896\jdelog.properties;d:\JDEJARS\896\JdeNet_JAR.jar;d:\JDEJARS\896\log4j.jar;d:\JDEJARS\896\sqljdbc.jar;d:\JDEJARS\896\PMApi_JAR.jar;d:\JDEJARS\896\Spec_JAR.jar;d:\JDEJARS\896\System_JAR.jar;d:\JDEJARS\896\xalan.jar;d:\JDEJARS\896\xerces.jar;d:\Program
Files\Microsoft BizTalk Adapters for Enterprise Applications\J.D. Edwards EnterpriseOne(r)\Classes\JDEDynAccess.jar;
Password:
Port: 6014
User name: JDE
Bootstrap Data Source Required Properties:
Data Source Name: System -812
Database Owner: SY812
Database Server Name: DATASERVER
Database Server Port: 1433
Database Type: S
Physical Database Name: JDE812

Does anyone have any ideas or had success with this setup?

Thanks in anticipation!

E810with Biztalk Adapter

Hi,

I got E810, the rest of my setup is the same (SQL2005, Windows2003, Biztalk2006) and I got the same error message except for the table not found is F00950 in my case.
Did you find a solution in meantime?

Regards,
mmqwertz

RE: E810with Biztalk Adapter

Not yet, we are all working together with Microsoft & Oracle trying to sort it out but it's a slow process that seems to grind to a halt frequently. We think it's INI configuration but that doesn't narrow it down much. Post a resolution to your issue and I'll do the same with mine and we'll see wh o gets there first... good luck.

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On B ehalf Of mmqwertz
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2008 12:15 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: E810with Biztalk Adapter

Hi,

I got E810, the rest of my setup is the same (SQL2005, Windows2003, Biztalk 2006) and I got the same error message except for the table not found is F0 0950 in my case.
Did you find a solution in meantime?

Regards,
mmqwertz

Re: E810with Biztalk Adapter

Hi,

The Biztalk Adapter was a major pain to implement, but we did get it going eventually. A couple of things to look at when setting up the adapter:

1. Ensure the password that is used in the setup of the adapter is in uppercase - this was one of the issues we had. At some point in the submission to the application server through java, the password is passed in uppercase, even if it is mixed case.
2. Notes made at the time (so the detail is a bit sketchy)....

[ QUOTE ]
Although the port setup on the adapter interface has the locations for the JAR and config files (JDEdwards JAR Files)- which can include the location of the jdeinterop.ini, it would appear that the adapter still looks at the original install location for the jdeinterop.ini. This could lead to sql connectivity issues regarding the correct driver definition.

[/ QUOTE ]
3. Get a copy of the JXMLTool from Oracle - very handy for submitting/testing the business functions via java - akin to how the adapter would do. This tool, if you are not aware of it, can query the business functions for required parameters and in turn allows you to submit to the business functions for testing using data populated into those parameters.

See how you go - if you still have problems I'll see what else I can pull up from our implementation.

Cheers and Good Luck!

This is working fine for us, albeit on SQL Server 2000.

The trick is to use the J environment. The config should be JPY812 and not PY812. Found a related KG article on it: 201063238, point 11 this wasn't an exact match, but was worth a go. We did that, and the whole thing sprang to life. Under SP8.96.2.0 this wasn't required, for 8.97.1.2 it was. I inherited the system, and was only involved in the SP8.97 upgrade, so Biztalk was working before in 8.12.

The hardest part of the upgrade was finding where the classes had all gone.

The interface itself to be fair is still playing up. The first week we went live we had to up the IPCs from 2000 to 4000 and occasionally the CallObject Kernel Zombies - but we think that's due to the BSFNs calls rather that the connector itself.

Back