Running WAS and OAS in one setup

jde_user

Can we configure WAS and OAS to run in one setup. We are planning to migrate from WAS to OAS but I want to test OAS first.

I have installed OAS and configured JAS on it and I am able to login in the OAS JAS server but when I try to run any application I get 'please regenerate this object' error. I know that I need to regenerate the object using OAS but if I generate the object using OAS then my WAS JAS server will throw the same error.

We have E811 SP1 running on Solaris. Suggestions are appreciated.

There can be a couple of "gotchas" here. First, what version of WAS are you running? 5 or 6? Second, do you have the exact same Tools Release version installed for JAS on both OAS and WAS?

If you have WAS5, objects generated for it will not work on OAS. The Java versions are not compatible - generally you will have IBM JDK 1.3.1 on WAS5 and 1.4.2 on WAS6 and OAS.

Thanks for the reply. I know there are couple of "gotchas" here. We are using WebSphere 6.0 and OAS 10.1.0.2.

I am trying to convince the management to use DEV (instead of PY) for OAS, so we can generate DEV objects using OAS and PY will use current WAS objects but am not sure if this is possible.

Suggestions are appreciated.

A good way to handle this is to simply map the OAS JAS server to a separate schema such as SVMxxx. There is no reason to be constrained to the Central Objects datasource, its simply convenient.

For a migration project, you could use OMW to generate the F989998/F989999 tables in an alternate data source (you could use a server map datasource if you have separate schemas for DEV, PY and PROD...) Make sure the jdbj.ini on the OAS server points to the same F98999x tables you generated for from your gen workstation.

Back