could not load environment - JDEPLAN

pianosynth

Reputable Poster
I built my weekly update package this morining for the Production environment without problem. Afterwards, one of the developers came to me with a problem on the Deployment Server. He is trying to build a DV package and when he tries to log into DEP7333 environment, gets the error "could not load environment - JDEPLAN". I had him log out and I then logged into the server. Task manager doesn't show any residual process threads from my earlier package build, so I tried to login - same error. I then tried to log into JDEPLAN with the same results. I looked at JDEB7.mdb under the planner\data directory and the environments are all listed as should be. I noticed it somewhat odd that the B7 direcotry had a full structure for the dv7333 pathcode but the py7333 pathcode only had pd7333 and spec as subdirectories and no pd7333 pathcode at the B7 level. Should I have the server people restore my b7 directory from my last full backup? It's been a while since I looked at the DS B7 directory, so I'm not sure if I'm on the right track. Any other suggestions? Anything else I need to look into? Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Check the jde.log on the Deployment Server before you do anything else. That file will typically have some good information to help you identify the source of the problem when you see those login errors.

[ QUOTE ]
one of the developers came to me with a problem on the Deployment Server. He is trying to build a DV package and when he tries to log into DEP7333 environment, gets the error "could not load environment - JDEPLAN".

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you allowing developers or anyone other than CNC to log on to your deployment server?....This is really opening your system to bat things happening.

Before you attempt to restore talk to the folks that have access to see what they did, if you restore your path codes you will most likely lose any new code that was checked in after you took your backup.

Attach your log file so that we can take a look.

Back