Merge template Word documents with data from E1

Frederic Dufour

Frederic Dufour

Does it exist a functionality which allow to merge word documents with data from JDE ? If yes, which programs / processes can do it ?

Frederic,
You don't say which version you're running or what data you're interested in merging, but I'm attaching a powerpoint presentation I got from Oracle about mailmerge in the Human Resources environment.

Never mind, I can't attach a .ppt extension. I can e-mail it to you if you're interested.

Hi Janice,

I'm running both 8.0 and 8.11 versions and my question is very general, I agree. What you are mentioning very interesting me. Thanks for your help if you can send it to me or attached with another extension.

Thanks again for your help

Give this a try and see if it works. I'm not sure how to pull your private e-mail off this site.

Thanks a lot for your document Janice.
It is explaining exactly what I was imaging, technically speaking.
I need now to investigate if there is a way to use it in other modules than HR. Do you personally have experience of this module?

No, sorry. I got it working enough to decide I didn't want to use it. I ended up using Access to create the document I was looking for. I don't know of any EOne programs that do what you're looking for outside of HR. Hopefully, someone else will have a suggestion.

Hi Janicej

Would you please send the mail merge document .Also could you please explain how got it worked with Access.

Thanks a ton in advance

Thanks & regards
Prasant

Prasant,
I didn't get it working with Access. I used Access and an ODBC driver to design the documents that HR requested instead of using mail merge.

Back