Default Menu's

Dan W

Default Menu\'s

I am currently having issues where a user is recieving a default opening menu page that she no longer requires. So i changed it to the menu that covers her new job role, and this appears in the left hand side exlporer field. But the opening page (on the right) still shows her old programs. It isn't really a major issue as the user doesn't have the necessary security to access the applications on the page but it is puzzling me as i cannot understand why this is happening. I have changed the menu at both user and at group level but this still appears. I have also tried deleting the users JDE.INI file from the Citrix server. Could anyone help with this??? <font color="black"> </font>

Re: Default Menu\'s

Have you tried to refresh the user task view, there is also an option that says save settings on exit, have the user de-select this option the next time they are loggin of.....

Re: Default Menu\'s

Dan,

Your system information would be really handy to give us an idea of exactly what is your problem - even a screen print would help.

I'm guessing that you are refering to an Xe fat client. If not then the following will be of no benefit.

It has been a long time since I looked into the workings of the main menu screen of Xe, but if I remember correctly, what you are refering to as the "the opening page (on the right)" is actually stored on the local machine (where I can't remember). However, if the user clicks on the menu (on the right side) the programs will change on the left. Then make sure that the "save settings on exit" item in the File menu at the top left of the screen is checked. Then exit and re-enter JDE. The change should be permanent now - providing the user has access to to where this is store (sorry I can't remember where).

Back