Deployment Server for Disaster Recovery

Jay Paff

Hi everyone,

I am focused on disaster recovery for my JDE XE SP23-F1 environment. Is it possible to have a 2nd (standby) deployment server so that if the main deployment server goes down, we can "turn" the standby server into the primary deployment server. I don't need the standby server to share the load for performance reasons or anything, just to be up-to-date with everything in case I need to use it. I would envision that I would need to re-name it to the same name as the old primary server, update DNS, and possibly rename it in the database. Now here is the kicker, our deployment server contains our Central Objects database, so how do I replicate (in real-time) the CO database to this standby server (including tokens and check-in/out flags)?

Thanks in advance, Jay
XE SP23-F1, i550 Enterprise, 2 Win2003 App Servers, 2 WebSphere App Servers with ND, 10 Citrix servers.

Jay,
Sure this can be done very easily, as far is replication (in realtime) of the central object....that can be done with double take.

Let me know if you need any further assistance with this.

Jay Paff <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am focused on disaster recovery for my JDE XE SP23-F1 environment. Is it possible to have a 2nd (standby) deployment server so that if the main deployment server goes down, we can "turn" the standby server into the primary deployment server. I don't need the standby server to share the load for performance reasons or anything, just to be up-to-date with everything in case I need to use it. I would envision that I would need to re-name it to the same name as the old primary server, update DNS, and possibly rename it in the database. Now here is the kicker, our deployment server contains our Central Objects database, so how do I replicate (in real-time) the CO database to this standby server (including tokens and check-in/out flags)?

Thanks in advance, Jay
XE SP23-F1, i550 Enterprise, 2 Win2003 App Servers, 2 WebSphere App Servers with ND, 10 Citrix servers. E1 XE SP23-F1, i550 V5R3, WebSphere 5.0.2.3 (Intel), Citrix, CNC

Jay,

We are starting to use VMWare for this. We have a virtual image of the server always ready to go on our VMWare server. We are currently working on a way to automatically update the image on a scheduled basis. That way we will have a current Deployment server ready to go.

Back