RUNUBE from robot in a CL Program

HDdresser

We are using robot to call a CL that executes the RUNUBE command which seems to work fine. In the robot job we have 6 CL's that the single robot job would call in the order of there scheduled run. (see the example below)

CALL PGM(JDECSTM/R4252007)
CALL PGM(JDECSTM/R554256503)
CALL PGM(JDECSTM/R1702401)
CALL PGM(JDECSTM/R550000402)
SBMJOB CMD(CALL PGM(JDECSTM/CLDELRECPT))
CALL PGM(JDECSTM/R4280004)

Example of the first RUNUBE CL...........................

RUNUBE USER(XXXXXXXXX) PASSWORD(XXXXXX) +
ENVIRON(JPD811) ROLE(*ALL) REPORT(R42520) +
VERSION(JBP007) JOBQ(DSTJOBQ) IORB(B)

all of these jobs are submitted to tho the same single threaded jobq the problem is that ocasionally the 2nd and 3rd job in the stream will not run. We look in JDE and there is no record of it running, we also look at the Iseries job log at there is no log of the job ever being submitted but we can see jobs 1,4,5 and 6 were submitted. Has anyone experience the same issue when executing multiple RUNUBE's. I'm thinking of setting up a robot job for each individual job but I really would rather not do it that way ?????

We have run into a somewhat similar situation. Not running with Robot, but still we would have problems with calling multiple RUNUBE commands within the same job. We ended up breaking them up to solve the problem.

That is the same issue that we also had when using Robot. You'd be better off creating a new job within Robot for each CL and then just tying them together with a group job. Just my suggestion of course. That way you can see if the job actually did get kicked off and have separate logs for it, too.

I solved this problem by deleting the sqlpkg after each runube command.
SBMJOB CMD(DLTSQLPKG SQLPKG(B7333SYS/R5501008)) +
JOB(DLTSQLPKG) JOBQ(QGPL/NACHT)

Back