8.12 DB password prompt durring package build

cncjunior1

Reputable Poster
After moving the DV Central Objects database from NT Oracle to the 400 and changing the data sources, etc., I kicked off a full DV build on the deployment server in the DEP812 environment with security server off. The client built fine and it transferred the business functions to the enterprise servers and built them on there okay too, but when it tried to copy the MSDE database to the DV Central Objects database on the 400, it came up with a database password prompt and the log said the password failed for JDE and the length of the password it was passing in was 3, which doesn't make sense because it was able to read the CO database to build the client, etc., and the password is much longer than 3 characters.

However, I then resubmitted the build from a fat client machine and it worked fine, so it must be some type of setup missing on the deployment server. Does anyone have an idea what it could be? I tried to resubmit it from the Deployment server a couple time and got the same error each time when it tried to copy the MSDE database to the 400.

We are on 8.12, 8.96_F1.

Thank you.

You need to turn the security server on for the deployment server. Your AS400 still has the security server turned on and is using that user id and password. Your login is successful but anytime you run a process that uses a database connection, the system will use the user id and pw from the AS400 security server stanza on your AS400. Consequently, your deployment server is using jde, jde but the AS400 is using whatever values you changed too.

Back