Error in using JDE!

wangzhiwen2006

This is my error in using JDE. Please review this attachment. Is there a solution for this error? Thanks!
confused.gif

Attachments

• 123575-error.jpg
    123575-error.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 185
wangzhiwen2006,

It is impossible to answer your question without your system config. Particularly important is whether you are using any form of sharing access to the box on which the error is occuring (eg rdp or citrix etc.)

Hi,

from your attachment it would appear that you are working on a fat client.

If it is a fat client then it would appear that you either have problems with either someone else using JDE at the same time as you (Terminal Server sessions enabled) - check task manager to see if either ActiveConsole.exe or Oexplore.exe are running under another user id.

If you have either two of either of the above OR one each of the above running (either under your user id or separate user id's then this is the cause of your problem.

If you logout of JDE and still see either of these application still in task manager (and you do not know who or how they were started) then I would suggest that you either kill them (task manager) or reboot your fat client.

IF you are running on a dedicated Terminal Server then you have different issues - do not do as mentioned above.

More information along the lines of type of client machine, etc would be helpful.

I had the same error message on e-gen machine.
I was running client installation on that day but slower than usually. I explored the B7\PD7334\... folder to see the progress. After a long time, I discovered the error message window was displayed behind my Windows Explorer window.

I reboot the e-gen machine and restarted client installation ant it went through.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

from your attachment it would appear that you are working on a fat client.

If it is a fat client then it would appear that you either have problems with either someone else using JDE at the same time as you (Terminal Server sessions enabled) - check task manager to see if either ActiveConsole.exe or Oexplore.exe are running under another user id.

If you have either two of either of the above OR one each of the above running (either under your user id or separate user id's then this is the cause of your problem.

If you logout of JDE and still see either of these application still in task manager (and you do not know who or how they were started) then I would suggest that you either kill them (task manager) or reboot your fat client.

IF you are running on a dedicated Terminal Server then you have different issues - do not do as mentioned above.

More information along the lines of type of client machine, etc would be helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK,Thanks. I reboot this fat client and this error disappears,but isn't there any way for this error?

If spec files get locked (for whatever reason) and you cannot update them then the only way to unlock them is to either reboot the PC or re-install the pathcode again.

Back