JDE 8.12 Not Compatible with Internet Explorer 7?

seeker

I have a new notebook computer and have been trying, unsuccessfully, to load standalone EnterpriseOne 812. Now I find that the trouble may be that my new laptop has Internet Explorer 7. Is there any known workaround or do I have to uninstall IE 7 and load up a version of IE 6? If this is the wrong forum for this question please advise.

Re: RE: JDE 8.12 Not Compatible with Internet Explorer 7?

Win xp professional but IE has been upgraded from IE6 to IE7 and a note on the Oracle website says IE7 is not supported. JDE 812 loads, UTB accesses data tables, and the applications (using web access)load, but cannot access the data tables.

thank you! I'll try that - probably next week. Any specific "gotchas" that I need to be aware of?

We are currently running E-One 8.12 and IE 7 since it was announced that IE 7 was supported. We are running Windows Server 2003, Windows XP Pro SP2.

Thanks, again. perhaps you can help further. I'm confused about what additional downloads and installs are required After installing the three cd's for the 8.12 standalone so that my IE7 will access the data? Is there an installation guide for the toolset? Do I need the update package? I'm a user not an IT technical person, so please be plain and simple in your response. If you could include the specific part number(s) for the download(s) that would be most helpful.
thanks again.

Is that for your "live" system or for the standalone? Did your standalone run immediately after installing the three cds or did you have to apply some additional toolset downloads to make it compatible with IE7?

So that we are all on the same page I have attached the installation guide from Oracle.

I installed the standalone and tested it against IE7 and can't find any issues. Could you elaborate on what you are doing to get the errors and where you are getting them.

Thanks,

used the same Oct '06 install guide. I wait ther reccommended 30+ seconds before login. standalone opens. from tools menu click on enterprise one menus. select any menu, any application. application opens with a "no data found" message atop the grid area. populate any QBE field and click "FIND" - the search window cycles endlessly. Click "close or Cancel- search stops. click close again, search starts again. no application ever closes.
Note 1: from the initial screen, before clicking on tools. the utb can access and display any file I try to access. So I'm concluding that the problem in on the webaccess side.
Note2: I have not turned off system restore. is that really required?
Note 3. Often, when I open a new tab from IE& i get an error message and IE has to shutdown. I click ok, the tab closes, then I can access the url on the next try. Could that be a related issue?

Hi,
After installing the EnterpriseOne client, manually edit the registry, changing "shdocvw.dll" to "ieframe.dll" in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{EAB22AC0-30C1-11CF-A7EB-0000C05BAE0B}\1.1\0\win32

Oracle's Knowledge Jungle says, that this issue will be corrected in tools release:
8.96.1 (SAR 8375392) or SP23_R1 (SAR 8402098)

I hope it halps.

Regards,

Pawel,
Thank you. That worked perfectly. Please forgive my lack of manners in responding so slowly. After a distraction of several weeks I finally got back to trying to get my 8.12 standalone running and this "patch" did it.

Back