Upgrade Enterprise One x SAP

rcandeo

Well Known Member
I´m making an evaluation where I am putting the advantages and disadvantages in continuing with Oracle Enterprise One or changing our ERP to SAP. Does anyone has done something like that and can send it to me please?
My actual version is OneWorld Xe - Update 7, Service Pack 20, in AS/400, and we´re not using Web services.
Any help would be very appreciated
[email protected]
Thanks a lot

There are actually a bunch of very good articles written up on IT Toolbox - specifically under the ERP Selection list.

The best article really explains that moving from one ERP to another is not going to make any issues "go away" - most issues with implementing ERP systems revolve about how the system has been implemented - not necessarily the software itself. If the selection criteria for an ERP system is adequately met by one type of software - why look elsewhere for another, just to have to go through an entire implementation all over again ?

You're running a pretty old version of Oneworld - although it is certainly stable - and you're in the position where you can start looking at the next 5-10 years strategic direction. If you are completely dissatisfied with how Oracle and JDE has worked for you up until now, then your only option is to investigate SAP. However, you really should weigh up the decision whether to upgrade or not, since upgrading from Xe to, say, 8.12 should be a lot less expensive than a completely new rollout.

If the software you currently have does not meet the needs of your organization - then you made the wrong choice. However, if your organization has spent the last 7 years trying to make the software look like some other bespoke application - then moving from JDE to SAP isn't going to help you at all.

I've seen companies move from JDE to SAP - and I've seen companies move from SAP to JDE - they all have their reasons, and sometimes those reasons are valid and sometimes they're emotional.

Thank You for your answer. I am doing my register in IT Toolbox. Can you help me findig this ERP Selection list?
Robson

Sorry to jump in late but I was on vacation. My biggest piece of advice is to choose the software package that most closely matches your business practices or that you would like to change your business practices too. I have seen implementations over the years where JDE has been change significantly to resemble the legacy system. This ends up causing all sorts of problems. Do just decide on cost or what others have said but analyze your processes and chose the best software to match.

Back