Web Performance Issues after moving to 8.96 with IBM HTTP Server 6.0.2.13

grrliegrrl75

grrliegrrl75

Web Performance Issues after moving to 8.96 with IBM HTTP Server 6.0.2.13

This past spring, we went from EnterpriseOne 8.10 8.94.M1 using Apache 2.0.54 (WAS 5.0.2) to 8.96.G1 using IBM HTTP Server 6.0.2.13 (WAS 6.02) (as per Oracle's recommendation). As far as we can tell, the latest version of IBM HTTP server is just the latest version of Apache repacked - I may be wrong on this, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Upon moving to 8.96 with IBM HTTP Server, we've seen web logon times go from 4 seconds to 24 seconds on average. This performance decrease is seen throughout the applications, but the most significant performance hit is during login. We've had a call open with Oracle for two months, but they've been unable to provide us with any recommendations that actually work. We've been through all of their performance tuning documents only to find that we had already implemented most of them. We've also ensured that we only have one role associated with the user id that we're testing with.

Before initially moving to Apache 2.0.54, we were using IBM HTTP Server. Upon moving to Apache 2.0.54 we saw approx. 25% performance increase. I don't have the version specifics of IBM HTTP Server. It makes us curious about the performance of IBM HTTP Server in general.

Has anyone else had similar issues?

Thanks!!
Michelle
EnterpriseOne 8.10 8.96.G1
Windows 2003 SQL Server 2000
Windows 2003 Web & Logic Servers

Back