Bussiness Objects & Crystal Reports & JDE case

• Thread starter Elias Stassinos
  • Start date

Elias Stassinos

Hi all!

I have 4 countries running on Independent Enterprise servers (iSeries). All of them are on E1 8.0

Until now (for the past 3 years) we are creating standalone Crystal reports (v8.5) which we run from inside JDE through a custom interface we have made.

Now its time to move on and include BI in our solution.

Nobody here in Greece can tell me exactly what are my options regarding Bussiness Objects and JDEdwards.

So my questions are, if anybody can help me:

What is the status of the Bussiness Objects and Oracle collaboration. Do i have Bussiness Objects Licenses and i dont even know?

I am trying to build a solution for the whole group for Bussiness Objects.Since having a centralised JDE installation is not going to happen within the next 3 years at least, i want to design a solution in which every country should have an independent Bussiness Objects installation which will support both everyday reporting and MIS reports.

And using some ETL Software i should have the appropriate data in Greece in order to produce some consolidated reports that Group Management needs.

Is anybody out there who can tell me anything regarding JDE and Bussiness Objects collaboration?

Thank you Guys

E1 8.0 / Citrix Metaframe / iSeries

see attachment

Attachments

• 123413-How_to_Get_Started_Booklet.pdf
    24.6 KB · Views: 539
Thanks!

I've read the info and i am still searching..As i understood from edelivery site i can download an OEM version of BO and CR XIR2. But

-Can they cooperate with version Xe or 8.0?
-I have free only 10 named licenses for CR and 3 CAL for BO?. And the only thing i have to do is to buy the extra licenses?

Thanks!

Elias,

if you read the document- and followed the link on Minimum Technical Requirements - your question would have been answered. From the web site: "JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 8.96.1 is required". This eliminates XE/8.0.

But this is not necessarily bad news!
User reports I've read indicate that the performance of the integration piece is terrible. Apparently it is also very limiting when it comes to multiple tables and outer joins.

So, if you have a working solution today that uses native database access you are in a far better position in my opinion.

If your current solution is fat client based and you're trying to plan for a future web-based solution I still believe that there are much better solutions than the E1 Integration in its current state. (see this web site for more info

Hi Larry,

Thank you very much for the answer..

Yes, you are right i SHOULD have understood that Toools 8.96.1 rules out Xe/8.0..

But!!!...i have been around JDE for 4 years now BUT until now i have never been close to deep technical stuff, so i until i came here to the forum i didnt know that there is a Tools release.

Can you point me to the related info for me to find out at last what is the relation of the Tools release to JDE release?

Since we don not do much of a development on our systems, our focus mainly these years was to expand and implement the system to all of our factories around eastern europe, and our focus was the bussiness implementation.

For the guys in Technical department here the focus is the maintenance of the AS400 and ASUs and ESUs..

So as you understand we have millions of miles to go as fas as technical stuff is concerned.
smile.gif

Any help would be appreciated..

Sorry Elias,

"Tools Release" is a name change for "Service Pack".
The name change happened when Peoplesoft took over JDE (and screwed a lot of things up!), but it only applies to releases above XE/8.0.
So EnterpriseOne versions 8.9 and higher use "Tool Releases", 8.0 and lower have "Service Packs".

The first "Tools Release" was for E1 8.9 - its version was 8.93.
Today the current Tools release version is 8.96.1.? and applies to E1 versions 8.9, 8.10. 8.11, and 8.12.
The latest "Service Pack" version is SP23.? and only applies to XE/8.0.

Hope that is clearer.
Regards,

Are you trying to set up a data warehouse. If so can the AS/400 see your JDE data as if it was native (like world data)? I've not worked on E1/AS/400 but have many years world/AS/400 and a year E1/HPUX.

Back