So what is a PPT

BarbKramarski

Okay I am crying Uncle................What is a PPT?
Barb Kramarski

[ QUOTE ]
Okay I am crying Uncle................What is a PPT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Poorly Posulated Terminolgy???

Or in other words, TLA abuse. The TLA police have been slamming the original poster for using an incorrect term for an ESU.

By the way, TLA is the acronymn for "Three Letter Acronymn" - an old Denver inside joke

Gregg

Hi,

Product Packaging is the ability to master and package a group of ERP 9.0 objects. It provides customers a mechanism to move objects from Central Objects and Control Tables from one location to another. PeopleSoft business partners can use the Product Packaging Tools to develop and market software modules that are based in ERP 9.0. In addition,
customers who modify ERP 9.0 can use the Product Packaging Tools to deliver changes to other locations within their company that are not directly connected to the central enterprise.

The Product Packaging Tools manage the task of mastering ERP 9.0 software. In this capacity, the tools oversee the entire mastering process from defining a software master to
mastering the CD. The tools start with the definition process, where the user provides as much information as possible up front. After the user enters the critical information, the tools provide a batch process to validate the software mastering information before mastering. Next, the tools provide a batch process to master the software. Finally, the tools provide a batch process to validate the final software master image.

for further info. gothrough the oracle site there is a good document on this PPT.

Regards
Indrasena Reddy

Thanks Greg ......................Darn after 11 years on this I learned
something new. Why not just say ESU...............

Barb

Ok, I'm still pretty new to JDE..I've only worked with it for 2 years now so please don't laugh at my question. What the heck is ERP 9?

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I'm still pretty new to JDE..I've only worked with it for 2 years now so please don't laugh at my question. What the heck is ERP 9?

[/ QUOTE ]

It must be the super secret version of JDE where ESUs are now called PPTs.
wink.gif

Actually the original poster was refering to Product Packaging. For those not familiar with that, a Product Package is a close cousin to an ESU. ESUs and ASUs are package updates from the vendor. Product Packages are customer generated code updates. If you have multiple, seperate instances of JDE, and want to move code from one instance to another, you need to create and apply a product package. The mechanism for applying the product package is exactly the same as applying an ESU. The tricky part is creating a product package in the first place. The setup for that (on XE at least) is quite tricky and tempermental.

Gregg

TLA\'s

Greg,

I believe that TLA's go back well before JDE. I remember I first heard the term at a S/38 tech conference in Phoenix in 1983. The person I heard it from had 10 years at IBM and he said he was told that it was old when he first heard it.

Tom

Re: TLA\'s

And here I go giving the guys in Denver all of the credit for being creative. Guess it helps having an "old timer" like you lurking on the list.
tongue.gif
Thanks Tom!

Re: TLA\'s

Greg,

Old is right. I finally remembered who the guy was: Wayne Evans, he wrote the original COBOL compiler on the S/38.

At least I can't remember how old I am
confused.gif

Back