Debug log for a particular user id ( on web or app server) ?

Jaise James

Reputable Poster
Hello,

Is it possible to generate a log based on user id. E.x if a particular user logs I would liek to turn the logging on for that user id. This shoudl capture all the activities of that user only and none of other shoud eb affected. This could be logging on App server or Web server

We are on E810 TR 8.96c1 onw wintel platform. I want to capture few error for a user in production system, when other user are workign in the system.

You can do this for the web client and set it up via web saw. Very easy to do. You can find out more in the documentation for web saw.

Hi There,

I have seen the documentation on how to enable it thru SAW. However its not working. Has any one have been able to get it working on 8.96c1

Yes and no! When we were testing 8.96.C1 last year we did actually manage to get individual debug logs. But when we went live with it we seemed to lose this ability in both our Production and Test environments. To date, we have not been able to figure out why it worked initially, but doesn't now. The 8.96 release notes seem to imply that it only works from 8.12 on, but if anyone has got an answer for this, I'd be interested to hear it.

We were on 8.96_g1 and this did not work. Supposedly it is now fixed. We just put in 8.96.1.2 and have yet to test to see if it was fixed.

Back