Vista Support Update

cncjunior1

Reputable Poster
I found this on the E1 support site. I didn't see this information posted yet so I thought I would post it for everyone to see in case you're curious.

Solution ID:

Summary:
E1: MTR: Windows Vista support for E1
Details: ISSUE:
Is there a date on when Windows Vista will be supported with EnterpriseOne?

SOLUTION:
Development is currently working to support Vista as a web client (browser only). The current official target for completion for Xe/ERP8.0 is SP23 PR2 - expected to release Q4, 2007.
The current official target for E1 8.96 is Update 2, expected to release Q3, 2007.
MSFT has several dependencies which means we won't be able to support Windows Vista as a webdev client until 8.97.

Keyword:
Windows Vista

Releases:
Xe, ERP8.0, 8.96, 8.10. 8.11 and 8.12

Cool - thankyou. I'm pleasantly surprised to see support scheduled for Xe/ERP 8.0 - thats nice.

By having a target of E1 8.96 for Q3 2007 does that meant that Edwards can be installed fat client on 8.96 once that is available or just use the web client? Just wondering as we are running 8.10, distributing via Citrix and developing on fat clients. Thanks.

You should get off the fat clients - put up a citrix server and do development on the citrix machine - your developers will prefer this and they'll also be able to develop remotely but keeping everything secure.

Either that, or do NOT upgrade those clients to vista. (Vista sucks anyway - give em all macs).

the announcement is for web support only, not fat clients.

[ QUOTE ]

(Vista sucks anyway - give em all macs).

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got a laptop with Vista on it, and I agree that is sucks. Huge freaking resource hog.

Back