Crystal Report Install fails on disc 2

sheeba

Reputable Poster
Has anyone seen this issue?

We downloaded Crystal Report from the edelivery site - but when we try to install it it gives us an error as "Insert Disc #2" althou we have inserted the Disc#2 in the drive.

Now we are stuck again - please help. I have started a call with Oracle on this too.

(just another thing - we downloaded it from edelivery even before we actually submitted the licensing agreement in order to use crystal product - wud this be causing the problem - not sure - do we need to be a licensed named user in order for us download and have it working? - pls advise. I just now sent the signed agreement to oracle)

thanks
sheeba

make sure that you've extracted both discs either to CD's or to local folders..

thanks mpatel.

We were able to install it on the clients (yes, we put the first two downloads in the same folder and it worked) - but we still have problems installing Business Objects Enterprise(B43344-01,B43345-01,B43346-01) (error attched) on the server end.

How did you guys do this? or Can someone please throw some light? Please let me know how you installed Crystal on your servers? (using download in edelivery) thanks - sheeba

Attachments

• 123108-crystalerror.doc
    127 KB · Views: 172
perfect! that is exactly what we ended up doing and then there was this IIS error - to enable it in order to install enterprise on the server - so now we have it installed on the server and all that... and when we are trying to publish the crystal report on the server - i.e save as on the enterprise server - for some reason it doesnot connect . it seems that there is no license key on the server (CMC) which is supposed to populate the key when you do the integration piece on the server. but althou we installed the integration on the server - our license key is still blank - i have an open call with oracle and trying to find out why it didnot automatically put in the license key for us so then we can publish the report...

man! that was not easy.

in a nutshell - we are able to create crystal reports on our client connected to jde database. but not able to publish it on the server...

manoj - did you have this problem too???

thanks much for all your help.

rgds
sheeba

Back